Sunday, August 26, 2012

Adopting?

So, you're thinking about adopting? I'll bet you have a lot of questions.  Here are a few that I hear often...

Is it expensive? Yes ma'am!
Does it take a long time? Usually so. (Ours seems to be taking about a year, but you can't predict a timeline in adoption. Some take several years and some move faster depending on the child's needs, age, country, your adoptive readiness, etc.)
Do you know a lot about your baby's history? Some details, yes, but every situation is different.
Can anyone adopt? Check with your agency or look online at different agencies.  Here's my agency's page Holt International and here's Beth's agency's page America World and one more that I know of in my area, Bethany Christian Services.

You can also look at Reece's Rainbow for children who are waiting. They can point you in the direction of that child's agency.
Agencies are usually pretty up front about their requirements and those requirements differ based on the country you are interested in adopting from.

Questions? Leave me a comment or email me at tonyagarrick5 (at) gmail (dot) com.  Let me know if you would like to be a family of the week, too.  There are several working on their videos, so we should start seeing families again very soon!

Have you checked out our world map? I know some of our other pages have families this week, so get your dollars ready!

Soon, we will talk about adoption etiquette and using the correct language when you're asking your friends about their adoption. Let me know if you have any suggestions or examples of your own!

Enjoy your week, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment